Summer is on the horizon and the beautiful season means spending more time with your children at the park. The incredible community of Sandy Springs, Georgia is busy renovating Hammond Park – a large community park of over 13 square miles in the heart of town. Currently, Hammond Park is home to several trails, recreational activities (including playground and open fields) as well as a gymnasium with pool.
Serving the Needs of a Community
The city of Sandy Springs is expected to grow by 9% over the next few years, which means the demand for park use, trails, and indoor fitness and swimming classes/lessons are going to increase. The city called upon Roll-Off Dumpster to help with many of the incredible renovation plans. The overall improvements include:
• Improve trail connection between upper and lower parking lots
• Improve structures cosmetically (paint, etc.)
• Complete deferred maintenance issues
• Improve ADA access throughout the park, including restrooms
• Repair damaged fencing throughout the park
• Provide wayfinding and new entrance monument signage
• Repair retaining walls around multipurpose fields
• Improve and repair restrooms at sports courts
• Improve playgrounds (replace equipment, resurface, etc.) and make all
playgrounds ADA compliant
• Enhance park landscaping, including removing invasive species
• Continue fencing along the ridge behind the pavilion and events facility to
prevent children from going downhill into traffic
• Improve sidewalk/trail surfaces throughout the park
Up for the Task
Our team at Roll-Off Dumpster is excited to be a part of such an amazing undertaking! The improvements that will be seen throughout Hammond Park and Sandy Springs will be evident for generations. You can follow along with the park development on the City of Sandy Springs Facebook page.
If you have a big project that involves an overhaul of current structures, trails, or park systems – please contact our team today! We are up for the task.