We recently took a delivery to the All-Star Sports Resort in Disney World in Orlando, FL! This hotel and resort pays homage to competitive sports like baseball, basketball, football, surfing, and tennis.
We were excited to add this fun client to our list of delivery stops. The hotel features sports-themed pools and dining, plus, this is the resort that recently added cookie dough to the dessert menu!
Edible cookie dough certainly goes far with us, but we wanted to share some of our other favorite things about All-Star Sports Resort.
Our Favorite Things About All-Star
Between time spent exploring the parks, guests can hang out at the Surfboard Bay Pool, a 242,471-gallon pool that makes you feel like you’re at the beach! It features large, 3-story surfboards, a kiddie pool for the little ones, and for the grown-ups, Grandstand Spirits Pool Bar. If baseball is more your speed, head to the Grand Slam Pool, which is shaped like a baseball diamond with a Goofy fountain standing on the pitcher’s mound.
Other things to do at the resort include a one-mile jogging trail, playground, and an arcade.
Hurricane Irma is a powerful storm that is projected to make landfall in Florida by Saturday evening. We urge all of you in the area to take the proper precautions for staying safe.
Stay Safe During the Storm
Follow Governor Scott’s advice, if you are in an evacuation area, get out now. If you’re not sure if your location is flood prone, check this map.
If you evacuate your home, be sure to store important documents in a waterproof container and move it to high ground if possible. Reinforce your windows and garage doors, set a rendezvous point with family members, and create an emergency preparedness kit.
What to Include in Your Hurricane Preparedness Kit
- A Week’s Worth of Bottled Water and Food for Family and Pets. Canned and dried goods are your best bet. Don’t forget your manual can-opener.
- Flashlight, Batteries, and Radio. These will help you stay safe and monitor the storm in the event that you lose electricity.
- First-Aid Kit. Stock basic supplies for treating injuries and medications for all family members who take them.
- Gasoline. Fill your cars and generators. Fuel prices are likely to skyrocket after the storm.
- Disposable Items and Board Games. While not a matter of life or death, extra trash bags, paper plates, plastic utensils, toilet paper, and basic activities will help you to retain a sense of humanity if things get rough during the storm.
For more tips on hurricane safety, check out this article.
Our Thoughts are With Our Florida Customers
According to one of our Florida vendors, an 185 mph wind failed to move his dumpster! Although dumpsters may be very resilient, the wind is still likely to blow around any debris left inside. Our thoughts are with all of our Florida customers and vendors through the storm. Stay safe!
We’ve opened up another new office – this time in Boca Raton. With the demand we’ve been seeing for affordable dumpster rentals in Florida, adding to our growing business was a no-brainer. You can now find Roll-Off Dumpster Direct at 1825 NW Corporate Blvd, Ste 110, Boca Raton, FL 33431 or reach us by phone at 561-948-1048. Our new location is situated between Florida Atlantic University and Town Center. If we’re now neighbors, please feel free to stop by and say hello.
At Roll-Off Dumpster Direct, we’ve been actively opening additional offices to expand our reach without sacrificing quality. We are now perfectly situated to provide better-than-ever service in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties. We’re especially looking forward to escaping the cold of Northeast winters. Conducting business by the beach or golf course sounds much more appealing.
Better Dumpster Rentals in Southeast Florida
Whether you’re opening a new business (like us), taking on a construction project, or moving to/from Southeast Florida, be sure to reach out to Roll-Off Dumpster Direct for your dumpster rental. We offer the most affordable rates and longest rental periods. Our dumpster size options include 10, 20, 30, and 40 yards. Additionally, we provide the best customer service in the industry.
After opening our latest office in Boca Raton, we’ve become increasingly interested in waste removal in Florida. We know, you must be too. In any case, we did come across some facts about landfills that are sure to catch the interest of at least a few Florida residents.
- The smallest landfill is located in Glades County, having a total land area of 40 acres.
- The state of Florida has 163 active Construction and Demolition (C&D) debris disposal facilities.
- The landfill in Okeechobee is one of the ten largest in the country, receiving roughly 2,640,000 tons each year.
- In 1980, Florida had approximately 500 open dumps. During this time period, it was a common practice to either burn or use one of these open dumps in order to alleviate the solid waste
- Orange County Landfill receives approximately 2,100 TPD of waste within a total site area of 5,000 acres.
- According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, there are 67 municipal solid waste landfills in Florida.
Even if you’re not as excited by waste statistics as we are, you should be excited that Roll-Off Dumpster Direct is now in the area! This new office will allow us to provide even better service to our Floridian clients. To schedule your own dumpster delivery, get a free quote using the form on this page or give us a call on our new local number 561-948-1048.