You may find yourself wondering what is the best way to dispose of your trash. Whether you are doing a large home clean out, some small spring cleaning, or a home renovation, it can be hard to determine whether you need a dumpster or if it’s just easier to bag your trash. We came up with a pro and cons list to both options to make this decision a bit easier!
Pros & Cons for Using a Dumpster
- A dumpster provides more room for bigger waste. If you are prepping for a move or undergoing large home renovations a dumpster can hold coffee tables, couches, junk, debris, and so much more.
- A dumpster offers safety. All your waste will be held safely in a confined space rather than on the sidewalk or on the edge of your property.
- A roll-off dumpster is convenient. It is brought to you and picked up when you’re done.
- A dumpster saves you time from driving to and from a waste drop-off location.
- A dumpster gives you more flexibility with scheduling. You can choose when to have it picked up or plan to keep it for the full 21 days if you rent from Roll-Off Dumpster Direct.
- There is an additional expense of renting a roll-off dumpster.
- You will need to set aside space to place the dumpster.
- Some homeowner’s associations may require a permit for a roll-off dumpster.
Pros and Cons for Bagging Your Trash
- There is no upfront cost for bagging your trash.
- Doing it yourself allows you to choose where to put the trash.
- Bagging your trash allows you to have full space.
- You cannot throw out a large amount of trash as efficiently as having a dumpster.
- Some items can not be left out for routine trash pick-up and have to be lugged into a remote area. You may have to pay extra for this service and it’s also time and gas spent.
- If you have a large amount of waste the regular trash pick-up may only take some of it.
We’ll Take Care of Your Trash
The answer to this question really relies on what you are doing. If the project that you are working on is going to create a large amount of waste, it might be in your best interest to rent a dumpster. This is where we can help! We have 4 different sized dumpsters to choose from – 10 yards, 20 yards, 30 yards, and 40 yards. A 10-yard dumpster can be a great alternative for smaller projects. We drop off our dumpsters at any location of choice and pick them up once you are done with it. If you are looking for more information, contact us today!