RDD makes frequent stops at Costcos along the East Cost to deliver dumpsters. We are always happy to do business with this wholesale giant!
Costco is the world’s largest membership-only warehouse club, and the second-largest retailer in the world. We think they can attribute this success to their ability to satisfy customers’ wants and needs.
After doing some research, we found loads of lesser-known Costco facts. Find five of our favorites below.
Five Costco Facts to Enhance Your Shopping Experience
- Costco loses out big time on their rotisserie chicken: With Costco customers bagging 157,000 rotisserie chickens a day, it’s safe to say most shoppers have fallen victim to that enticing scent. At $4.99 per chicken, this deal seems too good to be true–in fact, Costco has admitted to losing $30-40 million per year on this heaven-sent bird bargain. Rather than increase the price, they keep the deal going for their customers’ benefit. Another great steal? Costco’s hot dog and soda combo has cost $1.50 for more than 30 years.
- The frozen food aisle is more romantic than you remember: Robert and Meredith Bonilla met in the frozen food section at Costco in 2013. In 2015, they held their wedding in the same place!
- Costco, your apocalypse headquarters: Looking to furnish your fall-out shelter with some easy-to-store eats? You’ll want to purchase Costco’s Emergency Cube, a cardboard box packed with a years’ worth of meals for 4 people. The food inside is safe to eat for 25 years after purchase. Unlike many Costo products, this one isn’t such a bargain. It will set you back $3,999.99.
- The low-down on inventory nomenclature: Observant shoppers will notice a few things about Costco pricing. Understanding the method to the madness will make bargain hunting a breeze! When a Costco item is still at full price, the price ends in .99. If you find an item price ending in .97, that means it is marked down from its original cost. See an asterisk after the item’s price? That means it won’t be reordered, so if you gotta have it, buy it now!
- Costco liquor club, membership not required: If the liquor section at your Costco has a separate entrance, you don’t need a membership to shop there! The same rule applies if the entrance is in the store, just head to the customer service desk for a “Temporary Alcohol Shopping Pass” and Bob’s your uncle.
After learning these facts, we are even more intrigued by the strange and magical world of Costco Wholesale Corporation! Roll-Off Dumpster Direct is happy to serve Costco’s waste disposal needs.