What does it cost to rent a dumpster?
Dumpster rental costs can vary from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand. If you are in our service area of PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA, DC, SC, NC, GA you can enter your zip code in and get a quote on our website. If you are looking for a general estimate see our dumpster prices page.
Why does the cost of renting a dumpster vary so much? Homeowners and contractors often wonder what determines the price of a dumpster rental. As such, we have broken out the costs into four main components:
- Roll off dumpster prices are determined by a number of factors.
1. Equipment Rental – Roll Off delivery trucks and dumpsters are not cheap! A brand new roll off dumpster delivery truck can cost over $100,000 and a new dumpster can cost over $10,000.
2. Fuel – All waste removal and dumpster rental companies are combating increasing diesel fuel costs. Hauling tons of waste burns lots of fuel. If your location is remote, expect to pay more because of additional fuel costs.
3. Driver Time – The time needed to drop-off, pick-up, and dump the container is also factored into your price.
4. Landfill Disposal – The largest component of your dumpster rental cost is likely the fee paid to the landfill or dump where the waste is ultimately disposed. Landfills typically charge by weight and these charges can vary greatly depending on location. Even neighboring municipalities can have very different costs.
These four factors determine the price of a roll off dumpster. The differences between dumpster rental prices can be explained almost entirely by where you live. If you are in a remote location the fuel and time needed to drop off and remove the dumpster will mean greater cost. Similarly if landfills or transfer stations near your home charge higher rates those costs will be reflected in your bill. Not unlike the saying in real estate it is all about location, location, location when it comes to dumpster rental prices.